This course is offered on Tuesdays.
Physical Science A & B are identical classes offered in two different periods.
- This course is typically recommended for 8th-9th grade students.
- Completion of Apologia's General Science course is highly recommended, but not required.
- Student must have completed Prealgebra. If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact the tutor or a member of the Academic Affairs Committee.
- If you are planning to use this course as a high school science credit,
please contact your umbrella for its acceptance prior to the 9th grade.
Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 3rd edition.
Please note, this is the newest edition.
Exploring Creation with Physical Science Student Notebook (3rd edition)
Exploring Creation with Physical Science Solutions and Test Manual (3rd edition)
The Physical Science course invites students to see the world around them in a new light through thoughtful
study of such fundamental subjects as atomic theory, general chemistry, physics, electricity, and gravity.
We will use the tools of hands-on experimentation and inquisitive discussion to uncover how it is that we,
as the handiwork of an awesome creator, exist in the natural world He has created.
- Class time is meant to supplement and enhance learning done at home.
To this end, when we meet on Tuesdays we will focus on learning from one another in community,
and students are asked to come to class prepared to engage and contribute to that community.
- A typical week’s homework includes reading, answering questions, and typing a pre-lab.
- Module tests are taken at home.
- Students can expect approximately 4-6 hours of homework per week.
- Although the majority of experiments will be performed in class,
students will be asked to perform a few experiments at home in order to heighten learning.
Supplies for these will largely be typical components found in the home, or will be provided by the tutor.
Module tests are administered at home by a parent
and returned to school in a signed, sealed envelope.
- texts (3) listed above
- binder with dividers
- loose-leaf lined paper
- index cards
- scientific calculator such as TI- 30X IIS -approximately $15
Read Module 1 and complete On Your Own questions
so we are ready to jump in on Day 1.