- This course is offered on Thursdays.
- ACT Prep is a one semester course that will be offered in both the first AND second semesters.
- (Subject to change based on enrollment.)
- Students need to have at minimum Algebra I before taking this course.
Please email the tutor with any questions.
- The Official ACT Prep Guide 2021-2022
- Other materials will be provided by the tutor
This course will provide test-taking strategies, content-area review, and test-taking practice.
We will begin with an overview of the ACT, move to test-taking strategies specific to each
test subject (science, math, English, and critical reading), and culminate with students
taking several complete ACTs.
Students should exit the class with a good picture of how they are scoring on the ACT,
with specific, individualized strategies that will help them earn their highest score, and,
if applicable, with a plan for further study/preparation.
Course Class Time:
- Class time will be used to learn test-taking strategies,
to do live practice, and to review completed work.
Course Homework Requirements:
- Students will have homework each week.
- Practice tests (sections and complete tests)
- Vocabulary study
- 60% homework
- 40% in-class work
- consumable ACT Prep book
- ACT-approved graphing calculator (TI-84+ preferred)
- pens, pencils, highlighters
- loose-leaf, lined paper