- This course is offered on Tuesdays.
- Art A & B are identical courses offered in two different periods.
- This course is open to all students in middle school and high school.
- It is acceptable as a Fine Arts credit for high school students.
- Andrew Loomis drawing book provided free for downloading.
This course is designed for anyone, regardless of skill.
The objective is to help improve their abilities regardless of experience and have fun doing it.
Students will learn the fundamentals of drawing, painting, designing, and sculpting.
They will learn to view the world through a different perspective.
They will become familiar with different art styles and media, including digital.
Students will learn about different artists and the history that influenced their art.
- The course will start with basics and figure drawing.
Then we will move on to other fun art projects.
- Each class begins with some instructions.
The rest of the class is used as studio time.
- Homework is minimal
- 90% participation
- 10% homework
- notebook for notes in class
- 3 ring binder to hold handouts
- knead eraser and pink eraser
- 4B, 2B, HB, 2H, 4H pencils
- drawing pad 8x10 or 9x12
- multimedia pad 8x10 or 9x12