- This course is offered on Thursdays.
- This course is open to 9th - 12th grade students.
- World History, 4th Edition, BJUPress
Beginning with Creation and continuing through present day, this course
presents an overview of the story of mankind and God’s work through the ages.
We will focus on history-shaping events, artifacts, and people.
- We will have weekly reading quizzes.
- Class time will be spent on discussion, mini-lecture,
student presentations, and group activities.
- Weekly Homework will consist of reading a chapter in the student text and completing a History Engagement.
History Engagements will be assignments requiring students to more deeply consider a historic figure,
event, or other facet of the week's reading.
The assignment options will appeal to a variety of interests, learning styles, and strengths.
- Students will take a test at the end of each unit.
- Students will deliver short presentations several times throughout the course.
- In order to receive full credit, work must be received by midnight of the due date.
- Half credit given if received by midnight, Wednesday, of the following week.
- Zero points given if received after that, except in case of illness,
or if other arrangements have been made.
- classwork: 10-25pts
- chapter discussion questions: 50pts
- chapter reading quizzes: 25pts
- unit test: 200pts
- history engagements: 200pts
- final exam: 250pts
- All written work, other than workbook activities, must be typed.
- binder, with front and back pockets for handouts,
and a clear front cover sleeve for their syllabus
- blue or black pens
- colored pencils
- loose-leaf lined paper