- This course is offered on Thursdays.
- Students need to have had basic Language Arts coursework in elementary school.
- English 6 would be helpful, but is not required.
- Please contact the tutor with any questions.
- Write Source Grade 7
ISBN- various (see class photo above)
- Easy Grammar Plus
- Fair Weather -by Richard Peck
- The Wednesday Wars -by Gary D. Schmidt
This course will integrate the key disciplines of English—literature, composition, and grammar.
We will work on developing our writing skills, understanding of the writing process,
and traits of writing through a variety of compositions, including a research project.
Group discussions and regular written responses to our reading will promote thoughtful reading and
highlight writing techniques, while our attention to grammar will help us become better writers.
Class time will include discussions about the current reading,
grammar instruction and review, and writing instruction.
- Each week’s work will include some writing, some grammar work, and some reading.
- A course calendar will be posted at the beginning of each quarter.
- Additional instructions for some assignments will be shared in class.
- The amount of time spent on English homework each day will vary, depending on the current assignment(s),
as well as from student to student, but students can expect to spend an average of 2-4 hours per week on English.
- 30% writing
- 30% grammar
- 30% literature
- 10% class participation
- There will be extra credit opportunities throughout the year.
- texts listed above
- composition book
- pens, pencils, highlighters
- binder w. loose-leaf notebook paper