- This course is offered on Tuesdays.
- Please note, this is a one semester / .5 credit course
that is only offered in the SECOND SEMESTER.
- This course is recommended for students 10th grade and up.
- Foundations in Personal Finance High School Edition - for Homeschool
We all have been given resources by God, and we all have choices in how we steward our resources.
Do we focus only on how to build up treasures for ourselves, or learn how to manage our finances
in a way that glorifies God and furthers His purposes?
Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance provides practical financial guidance
by making students aware of financial vocabulary, by providing real life scenarios,
and by offering valuable advice regarding budgeting, spending, investing, saving, giving,
debt, balancing bank accounts, insurance, careers, and taxes.
- Class is largely discussion and project-based, including keeping a personal budget
and following a self-made stock portfolio over the entire semester.
- Students will complete a chapter in the workbook each week with
the help of online videos provided by Dave Ramsey and his team.
- There will also be occasional weekly research projects on topics such as
finding helpful financial apps and tools, recognizing legitimate charity organizations,
and applying “real life” experience by purchasing a vehicle, renting an apartment,
and bargain shopping on a budget.
- Students should expect 2-3 hours of homework a week.
- 70% homework
- 30% projects
- Access to a computer to watch weekly videos